When you think of Subaru, chances are one of three vehicles come to mind, the Outback, Forester or Impreza WRX. These are Subaru’s most popular vehicles either by sales or reputation, but what if I told you that Subaru is hiding a secret? The 2022 Subaru Legacy is a superb sedan with all the vigor of an Impreza, the utility of a Forester and the same Symmetrical AWD system as the Outback.
Starting with the vigor, the 2022 Subaru Legacy is equipped with a 2.4L Turbocharge Boxer Engine producing 260 HP and 277 Lb-Ft of Torque. That means you get instant acceleration for an exciting experience behind the wheel. Not to mention that the Legacy can achieve up to 32 MPG highway with that engine. The Subaru Legacy provides the perfect balance, so you never have to worry about sacrificing performance for economy.
Next, the 2022 Subaru Legacy is filled with technology. Everything from the advance interactive media system to Active Safety Features. The new Legacy Touring XT comes equipped with:
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Heated Rear Seats
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- 6” Touchscreen
- 567 Watt Harmon Kardon Sound System
- Subaru Starlink
Quick sidenote on the Harmon Kardon Audio System, it comes with the trademarked Harmon Clari-Fi system to clean up distortions in the audio quality to produce the best crispest sound possible. How’s that for a feature?
Moving on to safety features, the 2022 Subaru Legacy is equipped with a plethora of technological marvels that assist your drive to provide maximum protection.
- EyeSight Driver Assist – monitors both your movements and vehicles in front of you to help you prevent drifting and to notify you of traffic slowing suddenly.
- DriverFocus – many of the accidents on the road are due to driver inattentiveness. This system helps keep you alert and may also reduce your insurance costs.
- Rear Automatic Braking – even with a rear view camera sometimes things can jump out behind us without warning. The RAB system applies the brakes in the event this occurs.
- Blind Spot Detection – every vehicle has a blind spot, so this system notifies you if a vehicle is travelling within that area to prevent you from accidentally changing lanes too early.
It is obvious the Subaru Legacy has the technology to keep you at distance from other drivers, but what happens in the event of an accident? Is the Subaru Legacy safe? Definitely! The 2021 Subaru Legacy received the Top Safety Pick Plus from the IIHS.
We’ve now seen that the Legacy has vigor and technology, but I mentioned AWD didn’t I? Well, you are in luck. The 2022 Subaru Legacy has Subaru’s standard Symmetrical AWD system which means not only do you have AWD all the time, but the system is specifically designed to constantly read the road and apply power to individual tires for maximum traction. It may not be able to roll over Jeep trails like an Outback, but it will handle slippery roads with the best of them!
The 2022 Subaru Legacy is an undervalued sedan in the Subaru lineup. It has all the conveniences of its more popular sisters, so why does it get so little love? The answer is. I don’t know. The 2022 Subaru Legacy is fast, economical, surrounded with 21st Century protection and provides the same peace of mind as any SUV out there. If you haven’t checked out the new Subaru Legacy, it may be about time. Talk to a Sales Rep at Valley Subaru for details!